If you encountered any problems in installing and using our fonts, this small help may come handy. It describes the method of downloading and using our fonts in various platforms.
Downloading and extracting
To save server space and to make download fast by reducing size, all the fonts are compressed. You need a decompresser program to unzip the downloaded files. 7-Zip is the best file archiver for windows. You can download it totally free from here. Similarly, you can use p7zip, the linux version of 7-zip in linux.
Installing in Windows 98/XP
- Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel
Note: In Windows XP, choose Start > Control Panel
- Double-click the Fonts folder.
- Choose File > Install New Font.
- Locate the fonts you want to install.
- In the Drives list, select the drive and the folder containing the fonts you want to install.
- In the Folders list, select a folder that contains the fonts you want to install. (Make sure you have unzipped them first.) The fonts in the folder appear under List of Fonts.
- Select the fonts to install. To select more than one font, hold down the CTRL key and click each font.
- To copy the fonts to the Fonts folder, make sure the Copy fonts to the Fonts folder check box is selected.
Note: If installing fonts from a floppy disk or a CD-ROM, you should make sure this check box is selected. Otherwise, to use the fonts in your applications, you must always keep the disk in the disk drive.
- Click OK to install the fonts.
Installing in Windows Vista/7
- Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts
- You will be taken to the System's fonts folder. Right click anywhere inside the folder and click add fonts. You will be given a pop-up box which will aid in installing new fonts.
- Using the Drop down menu at 'Drives' and 'Network', select the folder where you have kept the new font files.
- The font files may be in different formats like Type 1, True Type or Open Type.
- If the folder you have selected has any font files in these formats, it will be listed under 'List of Fonts'.
- You can preview each font style below be highlighting them. To install, just select the font files you want to install and click 'Install'.
- Make sure you have selected 'Copy fonts to fonts folder', so that you can manage all the font files easily.
Installing in Mac
- Locate the fonts you want to install. TrueType fonts will have one file while PostScript (Type 1) fonts for the Mac will have both a printer and screen font.
- Drag the fonts to the System Folder. Click OK when prompted.
#If you have some programs running while installing fonts, they may require that you exit the application and restart for the new fonts to be available.
#Adobe Type Manager (ATM) and both the screen and printer fonts (2 files) for PostScript fonts are required in order to properly view and print.